Confirmed – I will be the The Loft Literary Center newest book festival Wordplay on May 11th and 12th in Minneapolis. I will be reading with Catherine Lundoff and Queen of Swords Press on Sunday the 12th at 2 pm on the Pop-Up Stage.
Hey, Everyone! Here is a list of conventions and other events Michael will be attending! I will update this list as we add things, so make sure you check back and navigate to the Appearances page!
13 Gears is an eclectic Steampunk Expo in the Twin Cities hosted in the historic Grain Belt Brewery building. February 9th and 10th. I will selling books at a table with Queen of Swords Press and author Patrick Marsh.
Paganicon is an alternative spirituality and religion convention held in Plymouth, Minnesota. It is a mid-sized convention with a wide variety of panels, rituals, workshops, and music. March 22nd – March 24th, 2019.
I will be appearing with Queen of Swords Press at the Twin Cities newest bookstore, Cream and Amber in support of the anthology Scourge of the Seas of Time (and Space) on May 19th in Hopkins, MN.
This year I promised I would keep my goals to things I can control. To do anything else is to set myself up for frustration. With that in mind, here are my 2019 Artist goals.
- Find a title for Baseball Sorceress novella and prepare it for submission.
- Continue submitting novel to agents.
- Continue submitting short fiction to markets.
- Prepare and submit a short story collection.
- Finish preparing and published the Sixguns & Sorcery omnibus edition.
- Seek out more opportunities to perform in storytelling shows.
- Work on returning to acting.
- Write a feature length stage play.
- Write a feature length screen play.
This seems a little ambitious to me, but at the same time, no sense in not going for the gold.
Unless something wacky happens, 2018 is in the books for art career stuff. It was a pretty low-key year this year. I am in the middle of agent queries on a novel, preparing to publish an omnibus edition (with new material) of my Sixguns & Sorcery novellas, and preparing the still untitled Baseball Sorceress novella for critiques. I will talk about my 2019 goals in a later post.
- “We Are Not Daredevil. Except When We Are Daredevil.” Uncanny Magazine #24.
Short Fiction Publications:
- “Fast Gliding Down the Rails” in The Unfit.
- “Tenari” in Scourge of the Seas of Time (and Space)
Stage Plays Produced:
- “The Cursed Script” Co-written with Fox Barrett. Three performances as part of Planet Fest.
- Except from “Tenari.” Eat My Words Books.
- Except from “Tenari.” Scourge of the Seas of Time (and Space)release party. DreamHaven Books and Comics.
- “All Our Love, the Future, and excerpts from Not Enough Midnights and “Untitled Baseball Story.” DreamHaven Books and Comics.
- “The Most Wonderful Time.” The Not-So-Silent Planet.
Master of Ceremonies:
- Minnesota Speculative Fiction Writers Presents: Word Brew 6.
- The Not-So Silent Planet Episode TBA.
- The Not-So Silent Planet Episode TBA.
- “A Blind Person Walks Into A Theater.” VSA Minnesota. Hopkins Center for the Arts.
- GPS Geek Emporium. Minneapolis, MN.
- Twin Cities Book Festival. Falcon Heights, MN.
- Books and Beer Pop-up Bookstore. Minneapolis, MN.
Reminder that Wednesday I will be reading from my space opera short story “Tenari,” published in this anthology, and will be there to help the editor and publisher sell books! Come out for the release party! Details in the link below!
Tuesday, November 20th. Kieran’s Irish Pub. I will be a featured storyteller. Come on down for SF/F/H tales, drinks, food, and a story about being trapped on a deep space cargo freighter with your family over the holidays. Click the link below for more details
I will be taking part in two readings in support of the release of Scourge of the Seas of Time (and Space).
December 5th 2018 At DreamHaven Books, 2301 E 38th St, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55406, at 6:30 pm.
December 13th 2018 at Eat My Words Books, 214 13th Avenue NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413.
Editor Catherine Lundoff and anthology contributor Michael Merriam will be reading and signing books, chatting about piracy and handing out some munchies.
Hey Everyone! The ebook version of Scourge of the Seas of Time (And Space), in which my space opera pirate story “Tenarii” appears, is up for preorder. Preorder of the print version coming soon! https://books2read.com/u/3nYx9P
For the 6th year in a row, a dozen authors of science fiction, fantasy, horror and more will read 5 minute excerpts from their stories. Dress up and raise a pint with us in the majestic Titanic Room at Kieran’s Pub. No cover. Come discover your new favorite fiction author. You’ll see why we call it ‘speed dating for speculative fiction’!
This year I have the honor to be the MC for this event.
I’ll be back at the Twin Cities Book Festival this year, once again as guest author with Queen of Swords Press. I’ll be helping them sell books and will also be selling all three books in my Grimoires and Gunfights Steampunk/Weird West series.
Located in the Progress Center at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, Rain Taxi’s TWIN CITIES BOOK FESTIVAL is not only the largest, most adventurous literary event in the Upper Midwest; it is THE annual get together for devoted book lovers from the Twin Cities and beyond! And it is FREE to all!!
The single-day TCBF will feature hundreds of exhibitors, dozens of presenting authors from near and far, special children’s programming and endless curiosities for all ages, all in a massive celebration of our vibrant Minnesota literary culture.
FREE parking • FREE Metro Transit rides to the Fairgrounds
More info at http://www.raintaxi.com/twin-cities-book-festival/